From ancient trade ties to a fashion statement across 30 countries, ikat is a fascinating weave which universally symbolises wealth, power and prestige. The very term ikat is derived from the Indonesian word ‘mengikat’, meaning “to tie” – a reference to the distinctive technique used to create the weaves.
It is a complex, skill-intensive process of marking, tying and dyeing the design into the yarn to produce elaborate and multicoloured patterns.
- Composition: 58% Viscose 25% Linen 17% Cotton
- Width: 140 cm.
- Horizontal Pattern Repeat: 140 cm.
- Vertical Pattern Repeat: 34 cm.
- Upholstery: 20,000 rubs
- Pattern Match: Straight.
- Domestic usage: Upholstery, Curtains, Blinds, Cushions.
- Dry Clean only.
- Please allow for 3% shrinkage when calculating required quantities
Collection: Kit Kemp Weaves.